topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Eudora 8.0b7  (Read 15260 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Eudora 8.0b7
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Hi,

With the right settings you can browse pics in the email.. Eudora 7 gives you a choice between the Eudora viewer and the Internet Explorer VIEWER (not the browser, separate internal OS piece).  Take the MS IE viewer, and there are two security settings to have on.

Tools-Options.

Display -->  
attached images inline                                ON
automatically download HTML graphics           OFF  **

Viewing Mail
Use Microsoft's viewer                                ON  **
Use separate settings from Internet Explorer   ON
Automatically open next message                  ON
Zoom windows when opening                        ON
Allow executables in HTML content                OFF  **

The ** are the critical settings, the MS viewer to see, the other two for security, especially the executables, on the other .. who wants downloaded pics for email anyway. I've never missed anything afaik.

Shalom,
Steven
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:39 AM by Steven Avery »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 04:41 AM »
I used Eudora back in the '90s. It was my first and only e-mail client (though I did try The Bat! and Thunderbird eventually). It was a time when I felt sorry for anyone who had webmail through hotmail or aol or yahoo.

Now I use Gmail and I feel sorry for anyone who uses a desktop client or webmail from anything else but Gmail.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Hi Folks,

I use Gmail for some special accounts, and forward the incoming email to also go to my Inbox download.  For large quantities of mail, such as internet forums, I find gmail far too cumbersome and I do not even consider using it. I use it more for some personal home-biz mail where I may be at work away from my downloads and I want to be able to check easily at home or work.

If you want to stick lots of mail on your disk for with quick filtering and searching and moving and deleting, I find Eudora (or another comparable client) the only way to go.  Despite all the brouhaha about gmail and other webmail.

Also for composing email there is no comparison.  The stability and speed and more of composing at home is far, far better than the net.  Again, I only compose on the net if I am at work or traveling.  (Even then I could compose with Eudora or Thunderbird, however I do not want to bother with SMTP so you run into some awkwardnesses in long term archiving, so I compose with my Gmail account, which I find .. acceptable.)

Shalom,
Steven