topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MiniCap feature request: auto-print  (Read 3678 times)

kproth

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MiniCap feature request: auto-print
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:51 PM »
I am looking for a very simple command-line app to "print" the contents of the current screen (on a multi-headed workstation) directly to a printer.  This is to be used with an application that doesn't have any built-in printing capability of its own; we would call the command-line app from a button within the app.  It seems that MiniCap comes very close, in particular it seems to define "current screen" as the one where the mouse cursor is located, which is exactly what I want.  But it doesn't have any printing capability.

I know that ScreenCaptor can do an automatic print, but it doesn't seem to have command-line options that could trigger a capture (I'd prefer to avoid using hotkeys).  Also, its auto-print feature doesn't seem to auto-rotate the image to fit best on the page, whereas I'd like to have the resulting printout done in landscape mode to best fit my wide-screen displays, without needing to change my printer's "default" page setup preferences.

What are the chances you would consider adding a "silent" automatic printing feature to minicap?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:46 PM by kproth »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: MiniCap feature request: auto-print
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:58 PM »
that could be added pretty painlessly, i'll see what i can do.