topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Domains from Yahoo at 2.99$  (Read 6334 times)

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
Domains from Yahoo at 2.99$
« on: January 01, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Just saw on Digg:

Domain Name Registration from Yahoo! Small Business

For 1 to 5 years, with .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .us extensions.

Bye!

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Domains from Yahoo at 2.99$
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 10:33 AM »
would this integrate well with the hosting mouser has provided here?

i wouldn't be interested in it if it's just the domain forwarding thing (or whatever it's called) but if it were the 'proper' thing i'd go for it.

(sorry about the incorrect terminology - my brain is stuck in 'far cry' island mode, so i'm still trying to dodge imaginary bullets.)

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 04:55 PM »
and then there was the little asterisk at the bottom of the page in tiny print.  reproduced here in NOT-so-TINY print:

*** Web Hosting and Merchant Solutions discount offers are open to new customers who purchase Web Hosting or Merchant Solutions and apply for 3 months, after which the then-current monthly or annual fees will be charged. Domains, Web Hosting, and Merchant Solutions discount fee offers expire on and must be redeemed prior to 1/25/2006. No other notice of the expiration of this offer will be given. All offers are open to new Yahoo! Small Business customers only, and are only available through Yahoo! Small Business. Customers are limited to one offer per customer on a single account for customer's own purchase only. Offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with other offers and discounts, exchanged, or redeemed for cash. Other terms and conditions apply; see the Yahoo! Small Business Terms of Service when you sign up. Yahoo! expressly reserves the right to change the price or features of these services at its sole discretion at any time.      :Thmbsup:

Damn, always a catch.  I recommend GoDaddy for overall hosting (cheap & reliable), I will be switching to them from Dotster as each of my domains begin to expire.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 04:59 PM »
yep, that doesnt sound good.

i also recommend buying your domain name at a normal registrar like godaddy, and then you can direct your domain anywhere you want depending on your needs, including a commercial hosting provider or something lightweight like our shared hosting here.

by the way it should only cost you $10 to $12 to register a domain name at a normal place.

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 05:21 PM »
I did this $3 hosting about 4 months ago when it first started and have had no catches to my registration, I setup my own DNS servers and pointed it to my current web host. Couldnt have been easier. No catches at all.

Mark0

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I had to resurrect this old thread for a small update.
I used Yahoo Domain services for about 4 years without any problem or even minor issues. In addition to the first domain I bought with the 2.99$ offer, I subsequenty bouth other 3 and it all went very smoothly.

But now that the one of the domains renewal date is approaching, they had kindly informed of a slightly increas in the yearly price, witch is now set to 34.95$!
Obviously, as many other people around the 'net (as I read), I promptly moved all the domains somewhere else.