topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Unable to sniff my url  (Read 4342 times)

Marksfish

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Unable to sniff my url
« on: September 05, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I found this software and thought it would be ideal for what I was looking for. I have recently purchased a wireless ip camera which is conectedto my router and also broadcasts via a dyndns address (holidayalmeria.gotdns.com). It is a b)gger of a webcam to view because it requires users to download uncertified Active X modules.. I know there is a url that it uses to stream hidden away somewhere, but I have used the sniffer and received over 70,000 packets. 28 urls were found of which they were mostly gif files. Is this url too well hidden for Url Snooper?

Thanks

Mark

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Unable to sniff my url
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:09 AM »
im assuming you told it to display all urls not just multimedia ones.
sometimes its useful to go to advanced mode and actually look at the packets with found urls and see if you see any partial data that url snooper may have missed. you might also try specifying something in the "Also Search For" box that is related to the site where activex comes from to see if you can get a hit on that.

Marksfish

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Unable to sniff my url
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes it was set to all urls but unfortunately nothing. I took a look at the advanced tab, but it looked a bit "scary" to be honest as I don't really know what I am doing there. In the text box at the bottom, nothing is shown in there either. I am wondering if it is because it is connected wirelessly to my router? Although it does have a local LAN address of 192.168.2.4, when it is wired it is 192.168.2.5. I would assume though that as I am sniffing a DynamicDNS url that it shouldn't make a difference?

I shall go and take another look and see what I can find, but the programme keeps locking up and I can only close it by using the task manager. A Vista problem perhaps?

Mark