topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: If you have a samsung 204b or 204t or similar that doesnt work/blinks off  (Read 9903 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I have a bunch of samsung 204b lcd monitors that i've always loved, until in the past few years they started to stop working.
They gradually die, flickering, working for a few weeks, then stopping to turn on with a blinking power light.

Turns out it's a well known problems with these samsung lcds, due to faulty capacitors.

After some bad experiences with samsung tech support, I found this howto guide on the web that tells you how to fix the monitors with a few parts and a soldering iron:

While it wasn't something i felt comfortable doing, john (the dc server admin) and wife is staying with me for a bit and he's a real hotshot with a soldering iron, and he managed to do the repair in under an hour.

Monitor now works as good as new.  :up:

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
While it wasn't something i felt comfortable doing, john (the dc server admin) and wife is staying with me for a bit and he's a real hotshot with a soldering iron, and he managed to do the repair in under an hour.

Monitor now works as good as new.
Send him to stay with me!  ;)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i once had a motherboard with faulty capacitors which i had to replace eventually. now i'm worried since my monitor is also a Samsung! :-\

normeus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
faulty capacitors
my dvr
my mother board
a washing machine

It seems that my whole life would be better if I changed all of my capacitors!

I am printing T-shirts "First check your capacitors"

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've a 204b coincidently, no troubles yet though. Will have to bookmark this just in case. Thanks :)