topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 7:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Website Watcher Screencasts  (Read 4418 times)

taichimaster

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website Watcher Screencasts
« on: August 10, 2009, 01:53 PM »
For those who uses website watchers, I found there are some pretty informative screencasts in the following page:

http://www.aignes.com/videos.htm

I am pretty impressed with the narration as it seems to be some kind of text-to-speech instead of a real person's voice.  You would imagine it will be hard to get the timing right with text-to-speech, but those seem to be very nicely done!

How did you manage Martin? :)  What software do you use for that?

Screenshot - 8_10_2009 , 11_50_37 AM.pngWebsite Watcher Screencasts

aignes

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • WebSite-Watcher
    • Donate to Member
Re: Website Watcher Screencasts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:22 PM »
as it seems to be some kind of text-to-speech instead of a real person's voice.  You would imagine it will be hard to get the timing right with text-to-speech, but those seem to be very nicely done!

Yes, I used the voice that comes with Windows Vista.

The software I used was Camtasia Studio 3 and for text to speech I used DSpeech - http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/

I made one WAV file per sentence and added them to the video. So correct timing wasn't hard because I could easily move single sentences to the correct position...
- Martin Aignesberger,  author of WebSite-Watcher

yutyrew

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:07 AM »
The size of the wave file is larger than that of the mp3 file,  why not use text-to-speech freeware panopreter to batch convert text files into mp3 files?

aignes

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • WebSite-Watcher
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 04:36 AM »
The size of the wave file is larger than that of the mp3 file,  why not use text-to-speech freeware panopreter to batch convert text files into mp3 files?

These WAV files were only "temporary" files on my PC, Camtasia of course converted them into MP3 when encoding the final video.

DSpeech also supports MP3, but since I have enough free disk space, I prefered the uncompressed files as input in Camtasia.
- Martin Aignesberger,  author of WebSite-Watcher