topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The calCOOLator Program  (Read 3231 times)

jeremejazz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • hey!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
    • Donate to Member
The calCOOLator Program
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:50 AM »
Introducing, the calCOOLator 8) program. It is a program designed to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and get the modulus of two numbers. The program then displays the results on the Text Area. Another feature is that you can save the results in text file format. It is created as a demonstration of process management and disk management.(pretty COOL huh? :D)

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/jeremejazz/For%20Blogging/calCOOLator-Demo.jpg
The calCOOLator Program

This program was inspired from the power Calculator of Windows PowerToys. I am sharing the source code for some improvements since this forum site is also for open source softwares. You just need a Java Compiler(jdk) in order to run this code.
   Right now I am still having a problem with JFileChooser's File Filter. When saving the file, you need to specify what should the extension name be. Maybe you guys could solve that. Also, I still don't know how to put a menu bar so you could also improve that part.

I've also created an applet version of the program for you to know what it looks like. Just run the HTML file on your web browser. You will need a Java Runtime Environment so that this will work.
calCOOLator(Applet Version)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:45 AM by jeremejazz »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: The calCOOLator Program
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:27 AM »