topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: donation edicate  (Read 4843 times)

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • ::41554D::
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
donation edicate
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:35 PM »
I've been writing freeware as a hobby for over ten years, and only in the last few years have I added a donation link in my applications.. And no one has used it, that is up until yesterday.   :D

Someone sent me, what I consider to be a very generous donation for my text-to-speech plugin for trillian ( TalkBack ).

So, I'm kind of a newbie with this.. Should I send a thank you.. add a donation credits page to my site.. or something else...

What do you guys normally do to recognize someone for their contribution...?

'Behold! It is not over unknown seas but back over well-known years that your quest must go; back to the bright strange things of infancy and the quick sun-drenched glimpses of magic that old scenes brought to wide young eyes.'

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: donation edicate
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Every time I've donated to this site I always get a personal thank you e-mail from mouser. If you've ever gotten one from him then you can take a look at that to see what mouser usually does.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:59 PM »
send them a nice email.. tell them what you've told us -- how much it meant to you and why.
you may find that in doing do, you've made the act of donating even more enjoyable and meaningful for them  :up:

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • ::41554D::
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:03 PM »
Thanks for the advice, that was my first inclination.. Since the donation was through paypal it just felt odd getting his email 2nd hand through the process instead of directly..

I'll send him a thanks email  :Thmbsup:

appreciate the advice as always.. 
'Behold! It is not over unknown seas but back over well-known years that your quest must go; back to the bright strange things of infancy and the quick sun-drenched glimpses of magic that old scenes brought to wide young eyes.'