topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Scandinavian characters not shown correctly with blowssi  (Read 7444 times)

Pinqvin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Scandinavian characters not shown correctly with blowssi
« on: January 14, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I'm having a small problem with irssi and the encryption/decryption plugin blowssi. When I send messages I can see my scandinavian letters (äöå) correctly, but when someone else sends encrypted messages, the characters aren't displayed correctly (instead, it shows a question mark sign). Without encryption I can see all the characters correctly (tested with the same person). Besides the öäå characters I can see the decrypted messages just fine.

Any idea how to fix this? I have all the required dependencies installed, I'm running Arch Linux with 2.6.27-ARCH kernel and I'm on a 64bit installation. Irssi version is 0.8.12 and blowssi is 0.0.2 or the latest available (at least on the official site).

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
Re: Scandinavian characters not shown correctly with blowssi
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's my fault :) I'll look into it somewhen, when I've got time... You'll also find that it's not encrypting /me and private messages and stuff.. It needs more work :)
(I'll gladly accept patches from anyone with more time to fix these things :D)

For now, maybe juse use aa,oe,ae,etc.. instead :)

Pinqvin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Scandinavian characters not shown correctly with blowssi
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:00 AM »
Heh, too bad I'm no good with perl nor encryption stuff. The funny thing is that my friend can see all my letters clearly but the äöå's he sends aren't shown correctly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:57 AM by Pinqvin »