topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Website Watcher 5 is out - Plus Aignes.com blog  (Read 7671 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Website Watcher 5 is out - Plus Aignes.com blog
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Long time members of DC will know that programmer martin aignesberger has been a friend to DC -- always giving us free copies of one of my favorite programs (WebsiteWatcher) to give away, and just being nice in general to DC.

Since i don't think it has been mentioned yet i just wanted to point out that martin has officially released Website Watcher 5, and mention that martin has a blog which describes the new features and may be interesting reading: http://www.aignes.info/blog/

wsw-win7-300x225.png

If you haven't read my long review of WSW you can view it here to see why i like it so much: https://www.donation...bWatchers/index.html

I should point out that the review is quite old so you should check if there are other programs, particularly free ones, that might meet your needs if you are just a very casual user.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:05 PM by mouser »

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Website Watcher 5 is out - Plus Aignes.com blog
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Excellent program, and some really great improvements! But instead of me trying to explain them, you should visit the blog :-[

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:32 AM »
It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the list of new features, but I'm sad to see Martin changed the upgrade policy from free minor updates to a 1-year subscription plan.

Can't blame him though, he has been providing free updates to v4.xx for years and probably needs to make more money.

Edit: apparently this was changed almost a year ago and I just hadn't noticed .. I guess I should have used WSW to track it's own upgrade policy page :D.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 01:32 AM by Jibz »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:09 PM »
We have a new 30% discount through march for Website Watcher and the rest of Martin's programs.
Discount code here: https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=17289

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:35 PM »
It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the list of new features, but I'm sad to see Martin changed the upgrade policy from free minor updates to a 1-year subscription plan.

Can't blame him though, he has been providing free updates to v4.xx for years and probably needs to make more money.

Edit: apparently this was changed almost a year ago and I just hadn't noticed .. I guess I should have used WSW to track it's own upgrade policy page :D.

Same here - I purchased a couple of years ago and didn’t notice the change until I was checking the version I had and saw that it showed how many days I had left to use it. I was more than a little surprised - that must have been added with the previous minor update.

So I went ahead and purchased a year renewal at the end of January and...  I don't really see a whole lot of difference in this version from the last! Most likely the changes are in areas that I don't use very often, because the features that I do use appear to be very much like they have always been. Also I wish there was some better documentation especially WRT scripts for filters.

Thanks!

Jim