topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Snooper doens´t get multimedia links anymore  (Read 7342 times)

amarys

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Snooper doens´t get multimedia links anymore
« on: November 15, 2008, 03:49 AM »
Hey mouser,

I love the Snooper but recently it´s giving me a headache. I haven´t had problems with it before but after rebuidling my notebook due to a trojan attack it doesn´t work proper anymore. Like on YouTube it won´t get me the .flv links. All i get are .swf files. The same on other sites - no .avi, no .asf....only .swf.
I disabled my firewall, i disabled my virus protection, i tried different version of WinPcap but it won´t work.
The auto determine network adapter is failing as well.
I don´t know what else information you might need. I´m not much of a computer geek. I´m on Windows XP with SP3 and i have an intel wireless card.
Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Snooper doens´t get multimedia links anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 07:55 AM »
well, intel cards are ones that have had problems working with the winpcap network driver in the past, BUT if url snooper is picking up some files while you surf, then that is not the problem.

[can i just confirm that you are using url snooper by turning on sniffing and then browsing with your normal browser?  i.e. you aren't having to restort to opening the web pages from within the url snooper window itself using the tiny "Manually Scan a URL" edit box shown at the bottom of the window in advanced mode]

assuming that's right, and that you are using snooper normally, you might just be experiencing the normal problem that flash files are sometimes not found by snooper.

do a test, start url snooper going and then open up in your browser: http://www.c-span.org/
see if you get a bunch of links, should be .rm links if you have the dropdown Protocol Filter set to "Multimedia URLs".  if you do, then snooper is working as designed.

amarys

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 08:51 AM »
Yeah, i´m getting a couple of .rm links.
The missing .flv files aren´t a problem. There are many other way to get them  8)
I´m just wondering why it doesn´t get me the .asf links on sites like muchmusic.feedroom anymore.
And yes, i´m using snooper normally. I have never tried the manually scan.

Thanks for your reply.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 08:57 AM »
try switching to tell it to show ALL links. see if you notice anything strange.. it's possible that some links are getting cut off in the middle.  i may have changed something recently that governs how split packets are reformed and theoretically that could affect that.. or it may be that the site in question has changed the way it streams stuff?

amarys

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:09 AM »
No cut off links ... maybe they DID change the way they stream  >:(