topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 286966 times)

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2015, 09:28 AM »
U mnie działa (Works for me)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2015, 03:19 PM »
U mnie działa (Works for me)

Same here I'm afraid.

alxwz, after you authorize on the rmilk.com web page make sure to go back to FARR and hit enter on the single entry that should now be displayed (see Getting started on first post). If it still doesn't work for you let me know.

alxwz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2015, 11:02 AM »
phitsc, thanks!
Looks like I misunderstood the instructions. Works fine now.

CWagner

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2015, 07:06 PM »
Hi, absolutely love this plugin, made me use RTM again and was the final push to upgrade from Launchy to FARR :)

I have a question, stuff like moving a task to a list, does this only work in interactive mode or is there a pure command way of doing it?
Something like
rtm m taskname /l:newlist
(which doesn't work:D)?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2015, 01:56 AM »
Hi CWagner. Good to know that there are people who still use this plugin. Even better if it makes them switch to FARR :)

No, I don't think what you want is currently possible. I'll have a look at how much effort it would be to add it.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2016, 08:52 AM »
I can't get the plug-in to show the contents of any of my Smart Lists.  I've read the note about them, so I know they're odd ducks, but it sounds like they ought to work if I've got the option for them checked, which I do:

EnableSmartLists.pngFARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

When I try to use a Smart List, here's what happens:

1. The list shows 0 tasks.  I think that makes sense, given what you've described in your note:

TodaysAgenda.pngFARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

2. When I select the list, it fills in the command line with what looks the correct syntax:

CorrectSyntax.pngFARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

3. When I hit enter, instead of going and fetching the list and displaying its tasks in FARR like it'd do with a normal list, it opens my browser as if I were searching for rtm tasks /list:"Today's agenda"

I know that the Smart List I'm using here as an example has a single quote in it, and I thought that might be the problem, but I tried with another Smart List without one, and it did the same thing.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2016, 03:02 AM »
Hi Rob

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Smart list support seems to be broken in the FarrMilk plugin. A quick search through the RTM API forum indicates that smart lists are still badly supported in the API so I'm afraid I am not sure I can fix this easily.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Thanks for the quick response!

It bums me out, though, that smart lists don't work, since I tend to work almost exclusively off of a single Smart List which contains everything that's due today, everything that's overdue, and everything that has a start date on or before today (regardless of due date).  In other words, everything I ought to be thinking about doing today.  None of the built-in lists covers that.

/sigh

Time for me to head over to RTM and file a bug report against their API's on your behalf  ;)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Well, I'm not sure they consider it a bug.

Ok, I will have a look. It's been such a long time since I have last worked on this plugin though, it will take me some time just to build it again.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2016, 06:34 AM »
Well, I'm not sure they consider it a bug.

Ok, I will have a look. It's been such a long time since I have last worked on this plugin though, it will take me some time just to build it again.

Thanks!  Sorry to resurrect something from the, uh, Farr past :-)

I went and got myself a non-commercial API license yesterday so I can play around with smart lists and see what's up with them.  If I have some time at work today (in between mentoring my intern, coding my own stuff, and being the weekly liaison from my dev group to support.  /sigh) I'll see if I can get a listing of my main SL.  If not, I'll hit it tonight.  Either way, I'll post back here with my results.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2016, 02:52 PM »
I've been playing around with the RTM API, and I found that if you use a Smart List's ID with the rtm.tasks.getList method, it works great.  For example, I made this series of calls:

1. The authentication sequence, leading to an auth_token of 12345

2. http://api.remembert...getList&api_key=my_key&auth_token=12345&api_sig=the right sig

Result:
Code: Text [Select]
  1. <rsp state="ok">
  2. <lists>
  3. ... a bunch of list tags
  4.   <list id="39989832" name="Today's agenda" deleted="0" locked="0" archived="0" position="0" smart="1" sort_order="0">
  5.     <filter>(due:today OR dueBefore:today OR (NOT start:never AND NOT startAfter:today)) AND NOT list:Groceries AND NOT location:brain</filter>
  6.   </list>
  7. ... a bunch of other list tags
  8. </lists>
  9. </rsp>

3. http://api.remembert...getList&api_key=my_key&auth_token=12345&list_id=39989832&filter=status:incomplete&api_sig=the right sig

Result: XML containing the incomplete tasks in my "Today's agenda" Smart List

I didn't try putting the name of the Smart List into the filters since they provide the list_id parameter.  But this seems to work properly, so I imagine it ought to be pretty easy to work into the plug-in, assuming you're keeping track of list ID's.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2016, 12:48 AM »
I am using the ID of the smart list, which does not seem to work. Can you try your query in 3. with only the list_id, but without the filter? And maybe also the list_id with an empty filter? Using only the filter seems to work though, I found this as a solution in the dev forum (and according your test also the filter and the list_id together). I did not keep track of the filter, so I assume the introduction of the filter and the respective change to rtm.tasks.getList is when the functionality broke in FarrMilk.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2016, 10:38 AM »
I am using the ID of the smart list, which does not seem to work. Can you try your query in 3. with only the list_id, but without the filter? And maybe also the list_id with an empty filter? Using only the filter seems to work though, I found this as a solution in the dev forum (and according your test also the filter and the list_id together). I did not keep track of the filter, so I assume the introduction of the filter and the respective change to rtm.tasks.getList is when the functionality broke in FarrMilk.

When I first tried it, I used only the list_id, and got back both complete and incomplete tasks that meet the list's criteria.  So that definitely works.  I just added the status:incomplete filter so that I'd only get the incompletes.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2016, 03:37 PM »
Hm, you are right, it does indeed work. I did not change a single line of code related to smart lists and it seems to work with my current build. How strange :tellme:

Could you try this version please?

https://dl.dropboxus...54/FarrMilkSetup.exe

The only functional change is that it's using the https backend now. There are no changes related to smart lists. I did some minor refactoring, getting rid of a library which is not required anymore with the current version of the compiler.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2016, 07:48 AM »
I got an error message "Unsupported protocol":
UnsupportedProtocol.pngFARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

and a new entry in pluginlog.txt:
08:43 AM, Tuesday, July 12, 2016
 Error initializing plugin do_init function
C:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\FarrMilk\libcurl.dll

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Would you mind trying again (with the same download link)? I've included a newer version of libcurl. I have no idea why it worked for me with the old one.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2016, 10:48 AM »
This version wants VCRUNTIME140.dll, which I don't have.

I know that's part of the Visual Studio 2015 Runtime, but I'm a little reluctant to download it since part of the project I work on uses VS and we're still on 2013.  I don't do Windows development, but that piece does build as part of my overall build, so I don't know if putting this on my system will break my build.

Can this version of FarrMilk be installed without the runtime?  Or do you know whether the runtime is safe for me to install?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Really sorry about that. Yes, it should be safe to install the VS 2015 runtime alongside the one for VS 2013. But to be honest, I thought I had the runtime libraries linked into the binary. But maybe I haven't for libcurl. I can't check right now, will do so in a the next 24 hours. Sorry for using you as a guinea pig.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Really sorry about that. Yes, it should be safe to install the VS 2015 runtime alongside the one for VS 2013. But to be honest, I thought I had the runtime libraries linked into the binary. But maybe I haven't for libcurl. I can't check right now, will do so in a the next 24 hours. Sorry for using you as a guinea pig.

I'll try to get the runtime installed (or will do it at home - like you, I'm juggling a couple of tasks right now and probably will be until the end of the work day).

As for the guinea pig thing, don't worry about it.  I asked for a fix, and you're responding - I'm happy to thrash around in the habitat, squeaking and whistling and whatever other sound they make while you keep tossing me things to try  8)

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2016, 08:28 PM »
I installed the VS 2015 runtime at home, and I still can't get FARR to load the plugin.  I suspect it has to do with my system being 64-bit and the runtime installing VCRUNTIME140.dll into Windows/System32, even though I did a 64-bit install.  I tried to cheat by putting Windows/System32 into my path, but that didn't work.  Neither did creating a symbolic link to it in the FARR directory.

However, I tried reverting back to version 1.1.3, and it is now showing me things from my smart lists.  Like you, I don't understand what has changed - why it now works where it didn't before.  So much for computers being deterministic.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2016, 01:26 AM »
For 32 bit software, as FARR is, you'll probably have to install the 32 bit version of the runtime. Eventually, on 64 bit systems, you'll probably end up installing both the 32 and 64 bit version of those runtimes. With current harddrive sizes that shouldn't be a problem. And they'll happily live, independently, next to each other. :)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2016, 02:14 AM »
I've re-built libcurl with the C runtime linked into the binary and replaced the installer here:

No installation of additional runtime should be necessary.

Would appreciate if you could check this one out, even if smart lists seem to be working with 1.1.3 after all.

My only explanation for why it's working again now is a bug / glitch at RTM's side which they coincidentally fixed just now.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2016, 07:49 AM »
For 32 bit software, as FARR is, you'll probably have to install the 32 bit version of the runtime. Eventually, on 64 bit systems, you'll probably end up installing both the 32 and 64 bit version of those runtimes. With current harddrive sizes that shouldn't be a problem. And they'll happily live, independently, next to each other. :)

That makes complete sense and probably explains what I saw - even though FARR is finding the DLL, it's the wrong version and so it can't load it.

RobFreundlich

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2016, 07:56 AM »
I've re-built libcurl with the C runtime linked into the binary and replaced the installer here:

No installation of additional runtime should be necessary.

Would appreciate if you could check this one out, even if smart lists seem to be working with 1.1.3 after all.

My only explanation for why it's working again now is a bug / glitch at RTM's side which they coincidentally fixed just now.

It installed and ran this time, I'm getting errors.

In this screenshot, I clicked on entry 5:
FarrMilk-Clicked on entry 5.pngFARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

In this one, I hit PageDn to see all tasks, then hit the down arrow to get into the list:
FarrMilk-Hit PageDown Then DownArrow.pngFARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

At that point, FARR force-closed.  Could this have to do with my running 64-bit Windows (7 Enterprise, SP1)?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2016, 09:11 AM »
I'm not sure. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit and it seems to be working fine. I would assume it should run with 64-bit Windows 7 as well though. Does it matter which of the tasks you click on in order to make it crash? Does it crash with 1.1.3 as well?

I have an old laptop somewhere lying around that I think still has Windows 7 installed (not sure if it's 32 or 64 bit though). I'll try later with that one.