topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:06 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Small request about FARR 2 (last version)  (Read 4443 times)

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Small request about FARR 2 (last version)
« on: June 18, 2008, 03:46 AM »
I finally made the jump and upgraded yesterday from V1 to V2 !!!  I like a lot the new version, but I am missing one small thing : formerly, when the search results where displayed and when I pressed Enter, the top of the list item was launched.  Now it is the same behaviour *but* the entry is no longer highlighted, same thing when I press [1-9] to select one of the first nine entries, before it was highlighted.  I realize I was looking at this.  Is there a way to have this back ?

Thanks !
.merle1.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Small request about FARR 2 (last version)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 03:57 AM »
incidentally on my PC, Farr v2 does highlight before launching the top item. maybe you can try un-check the 2nd option (see pic) & see if that works for you.

ws-Farr-launch-hilite2.png
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:07 AM by lanux128 »

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:38 AM »
Thanks for the hint.  It doesn't change on my current system at work.  Will try on my home PC tonight.  Maybe FARR2 is so much faster than V1 that the brief highlight is lost before the desired app starts ?
.merle1.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:51 AM »
Merle,

so basically you are not saying you need it to functionally behave any differently, you justmiss the brief highlighting of the result before it is launched, is that right?  It's only the brief highlighting visual feedback that you are wanting back?

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Merle,

so basically you are not saying you need it to functionally behave any differently, you justmiss the brief highlighting of the result before it is launched, is that right?  It's only the brief highlighting visual feedback that you are wanting back?

Exactly, this visual feedback helps me confirm I made the right selection.  In some cases, it has helped me to perform specific actions when I realized I had not chosen the right program (like waiting for the chosen program to load and not leave my seat...).  That would be wonderful if you could put it back (possibly as an option if other people don't like it).

Thanks !
.merle1.