topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: JJJunk: Miraculous coincidence - sites that praise DC software are cool sites  (Read 10653 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
The title of this thread is just a play on the fact that I occasionally come across a blog which says good things about a DonationCoder.com program and I inevitably look around and come to the conclusion that it's a cool site with other content of interest.

Probably a good part of that is just innate human bias to like someone who likes you, but I think also there is probably something more to it.  Very few bloggers take the time to actually write up a real description of why they like a program, and when they do, they are almost invariable producing regular content that is worth reading.

If someone can find some negative but thoughtful and non-trivial reviews of DC software, please post them and we can see how these sites compare and if they are as interesting as the sites that like our software.

This is from a blog called JJJunk.com..  Some nice posts on various software.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 12:26 AM by mouser »

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just went and had a look and another coincidence perhaps?  The 2 ads, both by google

Registry Cleaners Exposed
Don't Download Any Registry Cleaner Until You See This Shocking Review

Fix All Start Up Problems
Free Registry Scan & Fix All Errors Improve Performance 100% Guaranteed

;) gave me a chuckle

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It makes me want to take more screenshots!
-website

nice tag-line! :up:

jshbbe

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey, I'm the author of JJjunk.com and I just wanted to say that I didn't post that just because I thought you'd link to it.  I'm not really sure if you are thinking that or not.  I really do like Screenshot Captor, and it really is the best one of its kind that I have found so far.  I'm sorry if you thought I was doing it just because I wanted links.  I have come across something in Screenshot Captor that I do think would be a nice feature if it is possible.  I think it would be nice if you could have the image automatically resized after taking the screenshot.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.  If you have anything that you think I should add or remove from my post let me know at josh [at] jjjunk.com

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
jhshbbe,

Welcome to the site and I'm very glad you posted!
I'm really sorry if it came across that I was suggesting anything of the sort -- it was not my intention at all.

I had very recently posted about another blog I found which had posted about some of our programs, and said how it was a nice site, and I was feeling like people reading might be thinking "oh there he goes again saying he found a good new site and what a coincidence it mentions one of his programs.." So I was trying to make a joke about myself, about how I keep finding cool sites and they just happen to like my programs  :D

Your site looks great, and I'll be visiting regularly.   :up:

-mouser (jesse)

mediaguycouk

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Mediaguy
    • Donate to Member
I can see this is a battle of 'looking through the referrer logs to see who's linking' between both parties.
Learning C# - Graham Robinson

jshbbe

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for clearing that up Jesse.  I really wasn't sure what you meant by the post.  I had to rush to work this morning and just noticed that this forum had linked to my post, so I wanted to quickly respond to it.  I'm sure I'll be posting more on software from DonationCoder.  Thanks for mentioning my site.

Josh