topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Google Web toolkit Broken Download  (Read 5638 times)

arunpawar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Google Web toolkit Broken Download
« on: March 01, 2008, 04:14 AM »
I've found that official Google webtoolkit download is broken.Many users reported it but  google code admin's refuse to admit that it is not broken.The download fails after the 20% or lower.

When the ticket related to this problem was made,admins replied with" You can use the downlaod manager or better internet connection,files are ok and they can be downloaded,there is no problem from our side".

Many users reported that they have connection of about 512kbps-2mbps and are in US or another part of globe using download manager but still download is browken.

After about 2 months of constant complaints still google is not able to fix this problem.
Check it out yourself: http://code.google.com
What could be the matter?
[] Google don't care for this?
[] There is problem with rest of the world's internet connection who's downloading?
[] Or google's server are busy with the requests? and google don't want to mirror the google code site?

Just drop in your replies.

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Google Web toolkit Broken Download
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:29 AM »
I just downloaded it right now with Free Download Manager. Maybe it depends what your location is? I can give you a mirror if you like. (uploading onto windows live skydrive) I was download from the UK

Download Google Web Toolkit 1.4 [skydrive]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 10:55 AM by justice »

arunpawar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:15 AM »
Thanks a lot justice.I needed that badluy.Now i can do something with it.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 06:51 AM »
I just grabbed it twice, once through firefox and once through wget. Neither of those use download-manager tactics of automatic resuming and multiple connections to the server, but both worked just fine, and gave me ~330KB/s of throughput, not bad for a single connection. Using flashget (with multiple connections) I got around 1.2MB/s, which completed in 15 seconds - if the download had been bigger, I might have gotten closer to my maximum of 2MB/s.

The problem might very well not be a google's end, it could be traffic-shaping ISPs (or other ISP issues), it could be browser issues, etc.

Which browser do you use?
- carpe noctem