topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: farrfox without ff?  (Read 5797 times)

ottenm

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
farrfox without ff?
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:41 PM »
I may have smoked too much farr lately, but I have this idea to get my ff bookmarks to show up into the normal farr results list (i.e., have the bookmarks show up just like aliases, or files in the search directories, without having to type ff).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: farrfox without ff?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 08:58 PM »
its a good idea, but can't be done yet --
i think i'll try to add an option for it if i can figure out a good general way to do it.

kreatorr

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:45 AM »
Would be great to have a general way of display the general results of files and programs along with the results of certain plugins (as decided by the user).  In this case, having the bookmarks and the tabs from Firefox show up on the list without having to type ff would be extremely helpful. 

I hope that mouser can eventually get this to work.  I was trying all kinds of way to get additional results to show without having to type the alias keyword (even tried to use the noresult keyword), but it didn't quite have the desired effect.  I think a good reference point is Enso, and how they claim to be able to show bookmarks and the open tabs on Firefox automatically...

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Sounds like a good idea. But I use launchy alongside Farr and I disabled firefox bookmark plugin in Launchy because it interferes with my standard searches which I hated. I hope that similar thing wont happen in Farr if such thing is implemented

d4ni

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 02:21 PM »
If mouser finds a good way to implement this I guess it would be possible as well to make this an optional feature; to be enabled in the farrfox plugin options.