topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mold your RSI  (Read 5770 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mold your RSI
« on: February 03, 2008, 08:05 PM »
This is very cool. Lite-On, known for being one of the top optical drives manufacturers, recently won the Red dot award for the "Best Design Concept" with its "Moldable Mouse" proposal, that just does what it suggests.

Check it out

Screenshot - 04_02_2008 , 2_39_56.pngMold your RSI

I wonder if Lite-On will manufacture it, expanding its market out of its lone field of expertise, or if they'll just sell the design to major manufacturers so they can make cool devices out of their idea.

via The Tech Report (again! :D)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mold your RSI
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 04:16 AM »
Ok, that has to be the funniest mouse i've ever seen!

I have some reservations on how well it'd do for games and intensive use, but i sure would like to give it a go! :)

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:17 AM »
I would definitely buy one of those when or if they become available, we really need more interesting designs for keyboards and mice  :D

Here is another crazy but highly original concept mouse, an inflatable mouse.

jelly_click2.jpg

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:38 PM »
This is very cool. Lite-On, known for being one of the top optical drives manufacturers, recently won the Red dot award for the "Best Design Concept" with its "Moldable Mouse" proposal, that just does what it suggests.

I'd go for it in a shot...
"covered with nylon and polyurethane blend fabric." -
wonder if it'll be machine washable too ;D - or maybe I should go for the waterproof inflatable one  :-\
Tom

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 06:01 PM »
I would definately give that moldable mouse a try, providing the fabric on it didn't resemble that stuff covering the wrist rest on my old mouse pad. (it would have been soft & comfortable for most people but for some reason it damaged my skin)

I like the idea of how it can be reshaped as often as needed, into whatever is currently comfortable for the user.

The only bad thing I can see, is how it will serve as a fantastic 'fuss toy' for people that like to fiddle with things instead of getting work done. It would give them something else to play with all day.  ;D