topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [bug report] 'Switch from Large to Small Icons on Dirlist' display problem  (Read 8344 times)

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Got a minor but slightly annoying bug for you  ;) I couldn't see any other reports of it.

v2.00.145, using XP fully updated with standard display settings.

I've noticed that when 'Switch from Large to Small Icons on Dirlist' setting is ticked FARR cuts off the last result from the view, though you can scroll down. If there's only one matching result you don't see any results.

Unticking it corrects the problem.

It seems to also apply to combinations of dirs and files.

A couple of screenshots attached plus one showing my display options. Changing the skins or not using skins at all don't make a difference.

Thanks  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
i dont know why some people get font size problems while others dont.. do you have large fonts enabled on your windows?

one workaround for now is to go to options and customize the font settings and row heights.  you should be able to configure it to look right.

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i dont know why some people get font size problems while others dont.. do you have large fonts enabled on your windows?

one workaround for now is to go to options and customize the font settings and row heights.  you should be able to configure it to look right.

Hi Mouser - no, my fonts are normal size, and changing the font height makes no difference - the results box just shrinks to match so I get exactly the same amount of information.

I'm not convinced it's the font size anyway - however many results there are (subject to the max entries option) the last one always drops off the foot of the display.

Incidentally the bug is also present when choosing 'Small Icon Report' in Options > Display > Results Display Syle

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
can you try changing skins (or disabling skins) and then restarting FARR, see if that fixes.

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This sounds the same as the bug I reported several days ago. If so, font choice (or style) has no effect, neither does the skin. The same thing happens in all cases. Also, increasing "Result Height" has no effect -- the items get farther apart, but it doesn't bring the clipped bottom one into view.

For now, the workaround is to increment "max entries to display in normal results list" to one more than you really want to see  ;)

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You mean here?

Nope, the max entries option doesn't make a difference - even if the number of results are well below the max entries figure the last one still gets clipped off.

I've switched to large icons in the results display instead.

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You mean here?
Yup, that's the one.

Nope, the max entries option doesn't make a difference - even if the number of results are well below the max entries figure the last one still gets clipped off.
Yes, the last one gets clipped. But if you want to see 9, then just specify 10. You'll get to see the 9 you wanted (plus a sliver).

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i used to have a problem something like this but mouser managed to fix it. check out this thread.

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a problem similar to this so I'm posting in this thread...

The screencaps speak for themselves. This is a how a normal search with two or more matches matches looks like:
test1.png
One match:
test2.png
Zero matches (the search phrase was "xzyzx" or something like that):
xyz.png

The last case is especially problematic because whenever I mistype in FARR I run the risk of not seeing the editbox (since there are no matches). I then don't see what I mistyped and have tap backspace until the phrase is short enough to find some matches.

Can I somehow force FARR to always show the editbox, even when there are no matches?

Here are my current settings:
opt1.png
opt2.png

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i'll see if i can reproduce and fix.