topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tool to migrate Thunderbird e-mails to The Bat!  (Read 4520 times)

Defenestration

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tool to migrate Thunderbird e-mails to The Bat!
« on: November 21, 2007, 01:06 PM »
I'm considering switching from Mozilla Thunderbird to The Bat! for my e-mail client. I have several accounts for my e-mail, with several folders and sub-folders in each account. The Bat supports importing single folders, but does not allow me to select the base folder and then automatically recreate the folder /account structure along with importing all the e-mails.

Are there any tools which would easily allow me to migrate my e-mails from Thunderbird into The Bat!, including recreating the folder structure(s) ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tool to migrate Thunderbird e-mails to The Bat!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:13 PM »
what you could do is:

create a temporary account, import all into that.

then create sorting filters that sent the emails into different accounts based on the TO or FROM fields.

thebat is very, very, *very* good at letting you filter stuff around, and you can create and change filters at any time and then re-apply them, etc.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tool to migrate Thunderbird e-mails to The Bat!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Somebody should write a plugin that would allow better im/export from/to mbox files (as used by thunderbird) for TheBat... I ultimately want to move some accounts to an IMAP server, and it would be very nice being able to inject all my old email messages after that. But TheBat will only let you export individual messages (several at a time tho, ctrl+a and export gives you a single mbox file), not folder structures :(
- carpe noctem