topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Boost forground after taming  (Read 7023 times)

Hasi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Boost forground after taming
« on: November 10, 2007, 06:56 AM »
Hello,
I am new user of Process Tamer. After a lot of problems with it, it seems now to work. First it was so, that PT tamed some application, and after taming it was increasing priority many many times. Now that works.

My question here is now: if I have my settings for Browser (Opera) only "normal", (that means no "rule"), and then open Opera, PT changes the priority to 'high due forground boosting'. If I watch some video in Opera PT is taming Opera. If I close the Video and turn to another site in the same opened Browser, PT is increasing Opera to "normal priority" (after perhaps low...). But formar it was an 'forground application'. It should after taming be treated as 'forground application' again! Sure, if I change the forground to another program and then back to opera, it is boosted as it should be, but not, if I stay on Opera. Understandable????? This problem occurs not only with Opera, but with all other programs, i guess.

May I precise?
 Opera not opened   - normal priority
 open opera            - boost to high (forground)
 using O strong        - taming to normal
 using O stronger      - taming to below
 using O moderately  - taming to normal
 using O little           - forcing to high due forground

The last step PT does not do.

Can I fix that?
Or can you make the detection of PT of what is really in the forground make better?
greetings Hasi

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Boost forground after taming
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 05:31 PM »
i think i understand what you are saying.

it sounds like a flaw in process tamer where it should boost it to high priority when in foreground but gets confused after taming it - i shall fix that.

I wonder if also it should ever tame a foreground process if you have foreground-boost enabled.  it seems to me it probably never should.

Hasi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Boost forground after taming
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 06:59 PM »
thanks.
it  s h o u l d  tam it, because otherwise other programs would hang. but should recognize, that it has been forced to high, and after taming it force it once more to high. I dont use the setting "protect forground process from taming".