topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using Nero 7 Anyone help????  (Read 8340 times)

jamesdoc01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • On The Gers
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Using Nero 7 Anyone help????
« on: September 20, 2007, 01:36 PM »
HI there. I am using Nero7 for all my burning/copyin/back up needs but i am running into a snag. Does anyone know if you can capture streaming video with it?? I am not the best when it comes to PC and all so my knowledge is very little. I know you can set it up if you have TV card BUT i don't so as far as it goes i don't and can't copy streaming video. I am an avid fan of http://www.tv-links.co.uk Good site for movies and all the rest of it. If i let the movie or whatever i want buffer then i do know you can go into the temp folder and from there you can copy the movie, Works with google too. I think (don't know) i use an flv player and watch the movies the only thing is when i try to convert to mpeg or any other format the movie plays in what looks like fast forward. Can not manage to sort that side of it out hence using the flv player to view the films. If anyone has an insight into the use of this i would be over the moon. You see i got the Nero 7 full version as a prize on the net or i would not have had the software. I would like to be able to use the Nero to  full advantage, As i said i am very unsure and have a very basic know how about the PC. All i have learnt is through trial and error. I have more error than anything else and the help files from Nero would be better if they explained things in laymans terms.........  ;0 :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Using Nero 7 Anyone help????
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 06:12 PM »
Nero does so much different stuff.. and it's hard to know when one of its functions is going to be not quite good enough.

One thing that's not clear to me is if you are asking can it "capture" streaming video (i don't think so), or if it can convert video on your hard drive from one format to another, which you could have better luck with.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 07:01 PM »
As you say it can convert all sorts of formats (using Nero ReCode and Nero Vision). It can capture stuff from  cameras etc. but it doesn't allow you to capture streaming video from the net.

If you want to capture net video and audio there is a good combination - Mouser's URL snooper (downloaded from this site) allows you to find the name of the file that is being streamed and then Streambox VCR (do a websearch for it) will download the file.

If you are using Firefox as your browser there is also an addin which helps to capture video streams in some formats - it is called Download Helper.

Once you have the file on your PC you may be able to use Nero to recode it for other uses (such as burning to DVD).

Dirhael

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • defreitas.no
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 07:12 PM »
As already mentioned, Nero will allow you to convert videos but not rip a web stream. What I use and recommend for this purpose is:

* Net Transport - Download manager that can rip just about any stream you throw at it. This is the one I use the most, but it's not free though.
* Ashampoo Clipfisher - Freeware program with a nice interface that will rip stream from some of the most popular Flash video sites (youtube etc.), and it will even convert them for you if you wish. I really like it, even if you can't use it with just any stream.
* WM Recorder -This one can also handle just about any stream you can think of and it's my second choice, only beaten by Net Transport. Why second choice? I just don't think the interface does it or you as a user any favours, as it isn't really as userfriendly as it should have been. If that doesn't bother you, this is the one to get...if you're willing to pay the ~$50 they demand for it.
Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.

jamesdoc01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • On The Gers
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 04:49 AM »
Thanks for that. ;) That is exactly what i am looking for. It was the same old problem of trying the conversion from flv to any other type that causes the problem with Nero BUT before continuing this reply i tried the Ashampoo and WM Recorder. To be honest the Ashampoo is good if you want it to look good (nice by the way, easy to go through) AND the WM Recorder is a bit more job worthy not too user friendly. Thank you for the reply and you have saved my hair a lot of pulling !  :Thmbsup: