this sounds like a useful request (the batch part specifically -- is that where the existing programs are failing to live up to requirements?)
Yes, woefully so. Even with SolveigMM, one needs to cut each video manually and then add to the task list. Other programs do allow you to define the chunks -- either as time lengths (each chunk of XXX seconds), or size length (each of XXX MB) but these do not batch.
An ideal program would:
1. Allow you to point to a video directory
2. Allow you to set the size of each chunk, either as time or size
3. Automatically append some value to a video's name to denote snips of the parent video (video_1, video_2, video_3, etc.)
4. Process the entire job automatically
5. As a nice bonus, also convert the videos, if needed
6. Massage my ankles
Sounds like a job for mouser?