« on: January 14, 2020, 09:20 AM »
If you're looking for features to add, you could extract the file description from the exe files and show them in the listview (and add them to the shortcut created in start menu).Yeah, I thought of that also. I'll have to look into that (A quick Internet search didn't lead to a description-retrieval-solution that works).
So apache.exe would be apache.exe - Apache Web Server
etc.-mouser (January 04, 2020, 07:47 PM)
Thank you so much for making this program! I've been wanting something to "install" my portable programs, since Windows sadly doesn't offer much in the way of native support for portables.Thanks Darthagnon, and welcome to the forum.
ISMONISM works perfectly, and sounds like a new religion
Any chance I could feature request:
- icon support (makes telling EXEs apart easier),
- scanlist caching (faster scanning, only scans changed/new shortcuts)
- and a blacklist (select an entry, press delete, and it hides it from the list of EXEs - very useful for e.g. portable Blender, which has a zillion EXEs)?-Darthagnon (January 09, 2020, 03:56 PM)
- Adding icons to the list view makes the search process really really really slow when I tried that. The alternative: showing the icon of the selected item below the 'Start search'-button.
- Caching isn't planned. I don't think it makes the scanning considerably faster.
- Some sort of blacklist function is planned.