I'm the creator of Buzz Folders
. The program started out many years ago as a personal project. Like a lot of people I wanted a better solution to the traditional windows open/save boxes. I felt there had to be an alternative to browsing through folder after folder in search of files. There were a few programs out there but I envisioned something much better.
The original version appeared in 2005. It was pretty basic but worked really well. It's been in constant development since then and has improved a great deal. The features have evolved considerably with a growing selection of performance and useability options. So read on and find out what it can do for you...Buzz FoldersWhat does it do?
Buzz Folders provides quick access to recent files and folders from open/save dialog boxes.Compatibility
XP, Vista, and Windows 7.Key Features
- It keeps track of all the folders you open from and save to.
- A tabbed interface allows you to view folders by program and by filetype.
- Save a file in one program and get instant access to it in another
- You can create a list of favourite folders for each program.
- It works with "Browse For Folder" dialogs.
- It also works with Windows Explorer and Directory Opus.
There are 4 different versions
available. Click here
to find out more or see how they compare
Here's a screenshot of the Free Version:Download
Download the Free Version
and get started!
Installation is easy."Best Open/Save Dialog Box Extenders"
The Donation Coder article Best Open/Save Dialog Box Extenders
actually inspired a number of Buzz Folders features and improvements. Thinking "How can I make this better?" the article turned out to be a great resource to help me do just that. There's a list of features that were considered as "most important for a good open/save dialog extender". I took it as a fun challenge to take Buzz Folders to the level where it fulfilled all
the criteria! Here's how Buzz Folders [Professional Elite]
currently fares:- Stability - has to work on modern and older dialogs, and not crash any programs; and has to reliably alter the dialogs without switching into inappropriate views. Yes.
- It should adjust folder-only browse dialogs as well. Yes.
- Needs to be able to change default mode (into details for example). Yes.
- Needs to be able to change size of dialog. Yes.
- Should be aesthetically pleasing and not overly obtrusive. Yes. The interface design is guided by function and ease of use. Everything you need is upfront and visible.
- Needs to present list of recent files and folders. Yes.
- Needs to present list of favorite folders, and user should be able to customize this list easily. Yes.
- Should be easy to add current folder to favorites. Yes.
- Ability to specify applications to ignore would be nice. Yes.
- Needs to work in some tricky cases like Microsoft Office. Confirmed as working with Office 2010 on XP and Office 2008 on Vista. Still being fine-tuned and further compatibility testing is in progress. Of course if you want to be sure Buzz Folders works with all your programs try the Free Version first.
As you can see it performs well!
Feel free to share your thoughts and ask any questions you like about the program.
The Web Site: www.buzzfolders.com
Download Page: Free Version