topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: best text editor WITH ftpability???  (Read 3688 times)

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
best text editor WITH ftpability???
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:19 PM »
This may seem JUST like all the other 'best text editor' threads floating around, but this is *ahem* different.

I just bought a new laptop with *cue-drum-rolls* Vista Premium, I still use my desktop XP Pro for daily work. After disabling UAC and tweaking a few other things, I'm ready to get downloading all my new/old software.

I've previously used Editplus, then Notepad++, then PSPad.
#1 choice: PSPad, I love the extensibility and plugins - most importantly the FTPability!
#2 choice: Editplus, I loved the FTPability!
#3 choice: Notepad++, I sorely miss the FTPability, but totally fell in love with its code-folding!
#4 choice: after reading many great reviews, I bought e-texteditor, LOVVVE the code folding, love the Textmate bundles, but it's getting slower to load ANND has no FTPability. However, a $30+ well spent!

IS there such an editor for Windows Vista that has FTPability and code-folding?! + ofcourse all the other text editor features, syntax highlighting, regex search, tabs, etc.
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: best text editor WITH ftpability???
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 05:21 PM »
UltraEdit has FTP/SFTP and code-folding.

mrainey

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Website
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 07:18 PM »
UltraEdit has FTP/SFTP and code-folding.

Along with the requested "syntax highlighting, regex search, tabs, etc.", plus a ton of other features.

Yeah, I'm a fan.  The down side is, UE is suffering more and more from the "every new release comes with many new bugs" problem.  IDM is very responsive and fixes the bugs pretty quickly, just seems like more keep showing up.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

muntealb

• Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:38 AM »
EditPad Pro http://www.editpadpro.com/ has FTP capabilities and has also all the editing facilities for programmers that you are interested in.

===========
From the official web site :

Use EditPad Pro's built-in FTP client to upload your web pages and scripts to your web server right within EditPad Pro. You can even edit web pages directly on the server via FTP, without having to download the HTML files to your computer's hard disk first. EditPad Pro transfers files in the background, so you'll never have to wait for all files to download, or for a file you've saved to finish uploading. You can go on editing right away. EditPad Pro can stay connected to multiple servers.
================