topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 10 Tips for Razor Sharp Concentration  (Read 4734 times)

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
10 Tips for Razor Sharp Concentration
« on: July 30, 2007, 02:47 AM »
razor.jpg
http://www.lifehack....p-concentration.html
Seems like a good article on the subject of concentration. I know I find it hard sometimes, and some of these tips can help prepare yourself so you can get the work done.

Writing to-do lists and keeping a schedule may keep you organized, but does it really help you get more done? I believe that organization is important, but what you really need is focus. Being able to sit down and concentrate intensely on your work for a few hours. Even a half hour of focused effort can get more done than an entire day of distraction and multitasking.

Here’s some tips to get into a state of deep concentration where work flows easily...
[via Lifehacker]

It also helps only to browse to donationcoder's forums at set times and to have a playlist with some of your productive music playing.

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 10 Tips for Razor Sharp Concentration
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:48 PM »
Unfortunately, too many jobs are like mine where you are not afforded the opportunity.  "You have to be flexible" or "Priorities change" are all too common of an excuse, yet when productivity drops, heaven forbid you actually bring these ideas to light... >:(

What I would find much more useful would be something like this that tells you how to deal with it when you AREN'T in control of these types of variable.  (At home with kids, at work with the boss, when your primary work is with the telephone but you need to do other concentration tasks, etc.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:51 PM by steeladept »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 10 Tips for Razor Sharp Concentration
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 02:56 PM »
Er, what was the middle bit?  :P