topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Am I the only one who hates smooth scrolling?  (Read 26834 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Am I the only one who hates smooth scrolling?
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 01:45 PM »

What could you do with Ctrl+Scroll ??  - because I can do nothing! What feature has been / should be / are connected to Ctrl+Scroll?

:tellme:

Try it in your browser window. It should change the size of text. It's very handy when some site insists on using a font size you'd need a microscope to read.

But count your mouse 'notches' and undo it by that many in the opposite direction, or all sites you look at after will be affected too.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I had that mouse (the MX-Revolution) for about a month. Then I got a little pissed that the frigging Logitech drivers kept losing my custom button assignments and dropped it from a little too high, it broke.

You could have dropped it this way, then ;D. Tell me how do you like the scrolling-switch experience ;)

What could you do with Ctrl+Scroll ??  - because I can do nothing! What feature has been / should be / are connected to Ctrl+Scroll?

Try it on IE 7. You'll see superboyac closer than before ;D. I'm sure the zoom function works in most applications like that.

I still don't get your problems (of almost all posters) with smooth scrolling. I stop where I want to stop, using every navigation method. Who knows? Maybe I have super perception power or something :D

And what's up with Logitech drivers as well? Mine work like a charm, no slowdowns and not a single problem in three weeks (since I installed them). I'm confused :huh:

And talking about Logitech, how about their new Wii-like mouse?

EDIT: D'oh! app beat me by a few minutes!

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 07:03 PM »
I hate logitech drivers - bloatware. Thanks whatever_deity for USB mice and the standard-features support in XP :)

As for their Wii-like mouse, dunno... if it isn't a couple hundred times as precise and easier to use than the Wii controller, it's useless on a PC.
- carpe noctem

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 07:14 PM »
What could you do with Ctrl+Scroll ?? 
Try it in your browser window. It should change the size of text. ..

Oh yes, remember now   I do. The feature I had   some time ago, but went away it did  when something else   installed was. Though funny it is: the function I have  still inside popups!

--

... sorry!:  StarWars   I watching was  ...    8)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 07:26 PM »
... sorry!:  StarWars   I watching was  ...    8)
I had the feeling i knew that way of speaking from somewhere  ;D ;D