topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: remove duplicate songs (mp3/ogg)  (Read 4934 times)

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
remove duplicate songs (mp3/ogg)
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:23 AM »
I'm looking for a good application for listing and removing duplicate songs in my music library. Due to some organisation functions of certain music library managers and syncs I now have too many duplicates to manually weed through it.

I have looked at itunes, musicip, but am thinking a dedicated application will probably work best.
Itunes lists different mixes of files as duplicates (scary), and musicip does not delete the files (just removes them from library) and takes ages to validate my library (due to duplicates).

Best match would be an app that matches on partial id tags, file names, and/or track time.
i guess if there's no id tags and the song is incomplete it couldn't check on track time either, but removing all identical tracks would be a good start.

any apps that are free or fully functional trial to try out?

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: remove duplicate songs (mp3/ogg)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 07:03 AM »
Looks like using Doublekiller Free (size and CRC only), then mediamonkey free, then musicIP will get rid of nearly all duplicates (Ctrl-D to delete files).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:28 AM by justice »

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: remove duplicate songs (mp3/ogg)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 07:40 PM »
TGF (The GodFather) has a duplicate search that seems to work pretty well. I'd say it's definitely worth a try.