topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: High and Low?  (Read 6281 times)

sam462003

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
High and Low?
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:23 AM »
I am using the " ProcessTamer " now. but I really don't understand the meaning of " Force High " or " Force Normal " or " Force Low " ?
Do anybody tell me ?

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: High and Low?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:30 AM »
Welcome to DC and the forums!

While I suppose this is in the wrong place in the forum, I guess I'll try to answer you:

Force High means that Process Tamer will tell a specified app to run in High priority. I don't know much about hardware, CPU, etc. but I think this means that an application will use more of the CPU power which might lead to it responding quicker among other things.

Force Normal can be used if an app has a higher or lower CPU priority than you want it to. I use it for KatMouse utility. It is originally a High priority, but I don't need it to, so it's forced Normal

Force Low: I think you understand this now, but essentially it's the opposite of Force High. Maybe an app uses too much CPU time at the cost of other apps, so you can let Process Tamer automatically force it to use Low CPU.

Hope that made sense!

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:13 AM »
And while there are other ways of changing the priority of a program, setting it in process tamer means you can forget about it then.  It will do it whenever process tamer is running.  :-* i like the tamer lol

sam462003

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 06:29 AM »
THANKS TO YOU ALL 8)