topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for: Network backup & sync with specific feature  (Read 2728 times)

Notok

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I hope you folks can help me out, I've been looking for something like this for some time now.

I have been using a beta of a network backup & mirroring (sync) program for quite a while now, and I really love it but it has some problems and the developer contact that I had seems to have vanished from the face of the earth. I might be willing to suffer it's shortcomings, but I don't think it works with Vista, and so I'm now looking for something to replace it.

There are plenty of backup and/or sync programs out there that work across networks, but the one feature that this beta has that I'm having a hard time finding is that it can transfer between any directories on any systems that have it installed without having to share the folder. It also allows me to set up everything from the server console, including browsing the folder I want to select remotely. The centralized setup is preferable, but I could live without it if the rest of the program was good enough. This is just for a home network and would be used to backup and sync across roughly 5 or 6 machines in total.

The only other "features" I would want/need would just be unlimited file/folder backups/operations and a relatively low price (around $100 or under). I have FolderShare, for example, but that's too limited for my use and the setup would take forever.

I just hope there is something out there like this for home users (or at least priced within reach for home use). Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 05:31 PM by Notok »