Nice page on Starting a non-profit organization..
What is the Free Management Library?What is the Purpose of the Library?
The Library provides easy-to-access, clutter-free, comprehensive resources regarding the leadership and management of yourself, other individuals, groups and organizations. Content is relevant to the vast majority of people, whether they are in large or small for-profit or nonprofit organizations. Over the past 10 years, the Library has grown to be one of the world's largest well-organized collections of these types of resources.
This topic in the Library provides comprehensive advice and materials for anyone who is considering starting a nonprofit organization. The reader can use the free information in this Library topic, along with other Library topics that are referenced later on below
- Each of the links listed immediately below is a link to a section later on, farther down below, in this Web page.
- Starting Your Nonprofit
- First Things First -- What Do You Mean by "Starting a Nonprofit"?
- Feasibility Study -- "Should I Really Start a New Nonprofit?"
- Consider Fiscal Sponsorship (another nonprofit to support your tax-exempt status, finances, etc.)
- Do You Need a Lawyer to Start Your Nonprofit?
- Nonprofit Incubators (help new nonprofits by sharing facilities, equipment, etc.)
- Checklists to Help You Register Your New Nonprofit
- Table of Reminders for Registering Your New Nonprofit
- Something to Avoid: Founder's Syndrome