topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Perfect Disc Discount (25% for 48 hours)  (Read 3891 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Perfect Disc Discount (25% for 48 hours)
« on: March 17, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Just received the following email if it is of interest to anyone ...

The order page link is http://www.raxco.com...cts_all_download.cfm

and the 25% discount code HAPPYGREEN

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Raxco will make your system faster and keep it fragmentation free for 25% off of the regular PerfectDisk 8 prices. This is the perfect time to pick up new or additional licenses of the worlds #1 performance utility. This online only code will expire at midnight on Saturday (3/17).   

Read what users are saying on Download.com about both PerfectDisk 8 and Diskeeper 2007. Or, Google both products in the newsgroups and blogs to get the real scoop. If you want a tool that's primarily based around marketing, the choice is simple. If you want a tool was developed for the quality and performance that today's power-users demand, and is the choice by more corporate enterprises and Microsoft MVPs than all other defrag solutions, PerfectDisk 8 is for you.

See why PerfectDisk 8 is a big step above other defrag options: PerfectDisk Comparison Charts   

The 25% code HAPPYGREEN can be used to discount PerfectDisk 8 Pro, PerfectDisk 8 Server, the PerfectDisk Small Office Packs, or to further discount the prices on the PerfectDisk Volume Calculator. You can also use the code to purchase PerfectDisk for Exchange or one of the PerfectDisk Bundles.

To take advantage of this special online only 25%, 2-day offer, just follow the simple steps below:

Purchase directly from our Online Store and enter coupon code HAPPYGREEN in your cart.
For volume purchases, use the PerfectDisk Volume Discount Calculator and enter coupon code HAPPYGREEN in your cart.
If you already have a competitive defragger or a maintenance contract in place, contact me to trade up to PerfectDisk for less.         
For additional enterprise license discounts, contact me as well to speak with our enterprise license team. 
* Code HAPPYGREEN does not apply to previous purchases and will expire at midnight on March 17, 2007.   

If you have any technical questions, contact the technical support team here. If I can do anything to help from the sales side, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Wendy Clontz     
Raxco Software, Inc.
Toll Free (800) 546-9728
Direct: (301) 519-7806
[email protected]
Web: www.raxco.com
PerfectDisk 8: Winner Windows IT Pro Readers' Choice

If you would like to remove yourself from receiving future e-mails about updates to PerfectDisk 8, please click here. 

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Perfect Disc Discount (25% for 48 hours)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Great product, great discount (thanks!)... and then they have to go and spoil it by playing funny at the store. On the page you link to, prices are listed in US dollars: PD8 Pro is $39,99 before the discount. But click "Download now", and on the order page the price is still 39,99... Euro :) At the current exchange rathe this shaves off the whole discount. I proceeded as far as the cc entry page and there is no option to select currency, so Euro it stays.

Since the order page already knows to add VAT to the price, I suppose they may be using geolocation to figure out the country from IP address (I'm in Poland, so they have to charge me the VAT). I wonder if the price remains in dollars when you connect from the US?

There should be a special place in hell... on second thought, maybe just a thread on DC dedicated to such and related practices, because they're becoming common. Usually it's just a switch from USD to Euro pricing, which is a 25% increase. Most recently I've seen that happen with EditPad Pro: used to be $35,95, now €39,95.

If a developer wants to raise the price with a new release, fair enough, I have no problem with that. It's just that the way they do it looks like they hope no-one will notice, even if it isn't their intention.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Perfect Disc Discount (25% for 48 hours)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Hmm ... in the UK you get 24.90 UKP + 3.97 UKP in VAT (a total of 28.87 UKP) .... at current exchange rates $39.99 = £20.59

At least they haven't use $1 = £1 which is a typical US trick ...