topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: After using a key, the program goes kaput...  (Read 5642 times)

conglacio

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
After using a key, the program goes kaput...
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I had allways thought.."what's the point of a screenshot capture program? That's what the "Print Screen" button is for!" until I ended up finding that having 2 incompatible graphics cards messes up that idea...and you program does work on my PC, so that makes me happy! and nice features! (selecting active window? neat!

Anyroad...

I got a license key, pasted it in, clicked ok and....it did not seem to notice I had done anything. So I closed it down and reopened it, thinking that it will now show up as being licensed...

But now, it does not responed to anything. Oh it will make a screenshot, and save it. But you cannot click on any buttons, move/resize the screen, or even bring it to the foreground if another window is infront.

I cannot check any options because I cannot get it to respond. I checked the help file (looked into the directory as I could not get to it from the program) and it made no mention of anything like what was happening.

I have browsed this section of he forum, but could ot see anyting...but then I am not know for my noticing things skills...

I will probably reinstall it in a sec, but figured that I would post this incase that does not make a difference, and incase this may be of interest to anyone...

thanks, adios.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: After using a key, the program goes kaput...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:57 PM »
i have an idea of the cause -
there seems to be something where the license window can get hidden behind the main window.
if this is the problem, then exiting the program from the tray and restarting should fix it (right click on tray and choose exit) [or else use the task manager to kill it].

another way to fix such behavior in programs when this happens (and i've seen it on other programs as well) is to use alt+tab to switch to the program, which will bring up the dialog which is currently being hidden.

please let us know if you get this solved - if you are experiencing it then im sure you aren't the only one.

conglacio

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: After using a key, the program goes kaput...
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:13 AM »
Sorry about not replying, not been able to get here for a bit...

Looks like that was it...the message was that the key was incorrect...re-copied it now, and it works, great!