topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Media file tools: need info  (Read 3681 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Media file tools: need info
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:10 PM »
My dad would like some info.

What converter program will use CUE files to split APE and FLAC files into individual tracks and what program will actually work to convert RM files?

It's not hard to convert flac-fairstars does that, but you just get one big MP3 file and then you have to use Goldwave or something to split it up and that takes a lot of time.

I get guite a lot of flac, ape and rm files and they just sit there and rot because I don't have time to convert them.  Supposedly the cue files have the details needed to split them programatically but I don't know a program that does that.
-app's dad

Anybody happen to know what he needs?

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Media file tools: need info
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:28 AM »
I may have found one of the tools he needs:

CUE Splitter is a freeware tool that split a single big audio track, mostly an album or a compilation, into the relative individual audio tracks, using informations contained in the associated "CUE" file. Sometimes you can find a big compressed audio file (for example MP3, APE, FLAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, etc...) equipped with a small "CUE" text file that contain informations about tracks title, artist and length. Usually these couple of files are generated by programs like EAC (Exact Audio Copy), CDRWin, BPM Studio, GoldWave or similar. With CUE Splitter you can split audio track files without burning to CDR or decode/re-encode any audio data! Moreover audio files are automatically named using a user-defined "file mask" string, it's tags are filled with information extracted from "CUE" file and, optionally, an M3U playlist file can be generated (option enabled by default). If you like this software and you wish contribute, feel free to make me a paypal DONATION: take a look at the about form or surf to http://www.enfis.it server...

http://www.enfis.it/...wnloads.php?cat_id=1

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Media file tools: need info
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 12:57 AM »
note: just found out that this program is now known as Medieval CUE Splitter. :)