topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 10:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Windows Blinds... why the extras?  (Read 3408 times)

Mizraim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Windows Blinds... why the extras?
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Anyone use Windows Blinds to change the StartBar and it screwed up other settings on your PC? Anyone know how to reverse the changes? I even removed the software but to no avail.

NeilS

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows Blinds... why the extras?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Anyone use Windows Blinds to change the StartBar and it screwed up other settings on your PC? Anyone know how to reverse the changes? I even removed the software but to no avail.

WindowBlinds is designed to theme everything, so you can't really just skin the Start Bar with it, although it is possible to make a theme which looks exactly like your default theme, but with the Start Bar changed, if that makes sense.

What other settings did it screw up? Do you mean it changed window borders and stuff like that, or something else?

If you open Display Properties (right-click on desktop and select Properties), go to the Themes tab, select a different theme from the dropdown list and then click Apply, what happens?

Mizraim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows Blinds... why the extras?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 01:04 PM »
The main thing I noticed was the font changes in a lot of my applications. I even went in and selected the Windows XP Theme (default one) but I had to go into the Advanced settings to change my fonts to something... better, I guess.