topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday April 29, 2024, 11:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Unable to use the PrtScrn key on Win 11, despite disabling it for default app  (Read 171 times)

Jose Hidalgo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, title says almost all. I know this has been asked before, but I haven't found any solution for my case.  :(

I have properly installed the latest ScreenshotCaptor version on my new Win 11 rig. SSC used to work perfectly on my old Win 7 rig.
For the record it's always running as Administrator.
All the shortcut keys work perfectly, except the most important one: PrtScr.

I figured it was due to Win 11 automatically assigning it to its default screenshot app. So I went into Win 11 settings (Accessibility > Keyboard), and I disabled it.
Unfortunately this has changed nothing.

I have read that OneDrive could also cause issues, but OneDrive isn't enabled yet on my new rig.

Can you please help? I'm open to anything, including some registry hack that would assign the PrtScr key to SSC once and for all.

Thanks in advance!  :)

Jose Hidalgo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nevermind, a reboot seems to have fixed the issue. I never thought that Windows would require a reboot just for changing a key assignment. Live and learn!  :P