topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 3:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A problem with mouse and context menus  (Read 5007 times)

Don Cody

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A problem with mouse and context menus
« on: October 24, 2022, 02:00 PM »
I started setting up LaunchBar Commander which I used to use some time ago, but then I changed to something else.

I'm facing an irritating problem with my mouse and the program context menu. It can be looked at from three different aspects as follows:

On a dock bar that's located on the desktop the right click context menu appears but then disappears before I have a chance to select any item on it. After many trials I found that a solution is to right click for the menu and immediately move the mouse cursor away from it. Then I may move it on the menu and make a selection. It seems to me that moving the cursor immediately on the menu makes it disappear.

On a dock bar that is docked on the side of the desktop the above solution doesn't work. The context menu disappears when I move the cursor on it.

In the tray area of the Taskbar the context menu behaves as the second case above. That is, it disappears when I move the cursor on it.

If instead of moving the mouse cursor on the context menu I use the keyboard arrow keys, the context menu does not disappear and I can make a choice using the keyboard.

Based on my testing so far which is not very extensive, I think that the problem is restricted to the program context menu.

I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2.

Don Cody

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
[SOLVED] Re: A problem with mouse and context menus
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 10:49 PM »
The problem that I described has gone. I found the answer by looking at another topic that I started about Snapshot Captor, here.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 10:59 PM by Don Cody »