topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Deozaan's To-do List  (Read 2420 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Deozaan's To-do List
« on: March 19, 2021, 03:38 AM »
I've recently started learning how to use the Godot Engine. It's a game engine, but it can be used for non-game apps as well. As a means of familiarizing myself with Godot, I have been working on some simple projects.

I made another non-game app: a simple to-do list.

To-do List.pngDeozaan's To-do List

Considering it's my second complete project in Godot, I expect there are probably some bugs.

Jotti says it's clean.
VirusTotal says it's clean.

You can download it from my Keybase: https://keybase.pub/deozaan/TodoList/

Just thought I'd share with anyone here who might be interested. :Thmbsup:

Oh, and right now I only have a Windows build available for download. But if anyone is interested in Linux or MacOS builds, let me know and I can supply those as well.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Deozaan's To-do List
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 07:09 AM »
That's cool! I've been meaning to look at Godot. Right now I'm taking some classes in Unity to get up to speed, then I guess I'll take a look there. But your non-game projects have me really interested in Godot now.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 11:05 AM »
Right now I'm taking some classes in Unity to get up to speed, then I guess I'll take a look there.

I've been increasingly unhappy with the direction Unity is taking over the years. Admittedly, my PC is getting long in the tooth, coming up on its 10th birthday this year. But despite the fact that virtually everything else I do on this machine feels like it runs pretty much as well as it did when the PC was new, it feels to me like Unity is getting more bloated and sluggish and buggy as the years go by. And that's despite the fact that they announced a few years ago that their focus would be on giving Unity "performance by default." I'll resist the temptation to rant on the subject further and just say that my increasing displeasure with Unity is why I started looking into other options and decided to give Godot a try.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Right now I'm taking some classes in Unity to get up to speed, then I guess I'll take a look there.

I've been increasingly unhappy with the direction Unity is taking over the years. Admittedly, my PC is getting long in the tooth, coming up on its 10th birthday this year. But despite the fact that virtually everything else I do on this machine feels like it runs pretty much as well as it did when the PC was new, it feels to me like Unity is getting more bloated and sluggish and buggy as the years go by. And that's despite the fact that they announced a few years ago that their focus would be on giving Unity "performance by default." I'll resist the temptation to rant on the subject further and just say that my increasing displeasure with Unity is why I started looking into other options and decided to give Godot a try.

The only reason I'm looking at Unity first is because I bought a humble bundle with some classes in it. I think Godot will be more like what I'm looking for, but knowing Unity has no real downsides other than the time it takes.