topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 5:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Special Edition Newsletter for January 4th, 2010 - Codename "NANY APPS 2010"  (Read 19214 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Special Edition Newsletter for January 4th, 2010
Codename "NANY APPS 2010 REVEALED"

This is a special edition of the DonationCoder.com newsletter, focusing entirely on the results of our recent event: The N.A.N.Y. 2010 Challenge.

Each year at DonationCoder.com we encourage the programmers who hang out on our site to release a new program on January 1st, to welcome in the new year.  We call this the N.A.N.Y. (New Apps for the New Year) Challenge.

Now the real fun begins: all the applications (over two dozen of them) are free to download and use.

And remember, if you like the work of the authors, send them a donation (just click on the gold coin under their name in the program's forum thread), and give them some feedback!

To read more about, download, watch video demos of, and comment on the new programs, visit:

Congratulations to all the NANY 2010 Challenge entrants -- and thank you for helping us kick off the new year in style!

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this event so much fun!

And a very special thanks to Perry Mowbray for doing a stupendous job organizing this year's event -- it would not have happened without him.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:57 AM by mouser »

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yay for newsletter!

And yay for NANY. This is a very good idea for everyone: the programmers, the users, the donationcoder site. And although I managed again to not participate, I could feel the excitement in the forum threads or in the channel. I am glad it's over in the sense that we can release all these great works; otoh I am already looking forward to what NANY2011 will bring.

Thank you all for your hard work. I love donationcoder.  :-* :-*

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well, congrats to all who made the NANY a success again this year!

I almost entered, but was already pretty sure I couldn't pull this new project off in time, so I never even dared to pledge  :-[
It's still not even halfway finished (20/80 instead of 80/20), but probably I'll publish this one later, and do a fresh retry by the end of this year.

Thanks for giving us this great podium.

Crush

• Joined in 2006
  • Hello dude!
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Ath: I also haven´t coded even a single line till a few days before new year. Nevertheless, I decided to make it somehow and so I did. Nany can also be the start for a new program that´ll evolve over the following year(s).