topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: no VLC bookmarks  (Read 7685 times)

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
no VLC bookmarks
« on: July 29, 2019, 04:46 PM »
I can't get bookmarks to work in VLC. I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: no VLC bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Don't know if this is currently relevant, but FWIW, there is this note:

note: loading bookmarks is broken thru version 1.0.5. The last working version I know of was in the 0.8 series.

at:

https://wiki.videola...owTo/Save_bookmarks/

May be someone else is more familiar with the current status?

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 05:10 PM »
Don't know if this is currently relevant, but FWIW, there is this note:

note: loading bookmarks is broken thru version 1.0.5. The last working version I know of was in the 0.8 series.

at:

https://wiki.videola...owTo/Save_bookmarks/

May be someone else is more familiar with the current status?
Thank you. Looks like, if I switch to the earlier version, then bookmarks may work, but that will give an older version with known but unpatched virus vulnerabilities. But at least now I know, and if I need it badly enough, I can always consider the earlier version.

edit: re your ^link, quote;
If you wish to save bookmarks this is how it can be done.
Set up the Bookmark list and then save a Playlist. From now on, anytime you open the playlist, VLC will load the bookmarks.
Open the playlist dialog with menu selection View-Playlist. The playlist window has a menu selection Manage that allows opening and saving playlists.
Opening a saved playlist will also load an associated bookmark list as long as the option "Enable parsing of EXTVLCOPT: options" is enabled. To check this setting choose "Settings -> Preferences -> Input / Codecs -> Demuxers -> Playlist".

For my up-to-date VLC version, the above file tree is slightly different; and when I finally found and clicked on 'Demuxers', there was a large drop-down menu, but the 'Playlist' option was not on it.
My only possible work-around -before shutting down VLC or the laptop- is to write it down.
Or come to think of it, do a screenshot.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:02 AM by holt »

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
VLC - how mirror flip vid?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 12:56 AM »
Is there a way to flip left and right sides of the video within VLC?

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 09:00 PM »
Does either VLC or MPC-BE have ALC -Automatic Level Control- for Volume?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 02:23 PM »
@holt:
These might help:

You will be able to find these and several other useful links if you do a duckduckgo search on "vlc Help". You will probably find the answers to most of your VLC-related questions at those various links.

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 02:23 AM »
@holt:
These might help:

You will be able to find these and several other useful links if you do a duckduckgo search on "vlc Help". You will probably find the answers to most of your VLC-related questions at those various links.
IainB, I'll see what I can find out. Many thanks.  :Thmbsup:

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 05:03 AM »
I reset all my vids from playing with VLC, to play with MPC-BE instead, and if I just left click on any vid file, it does.
But if I want to play a whole folder of short music vids, it stubbornly wants to play using VLC. If I right click on the folder and go to the drop down menu, it refuses to give me the option to always use MPC-BE instead.
The only way I have of getting it to use MPC-BE to play a whole folder of music vids, is to right click and hold on the folder, and drag it across Desktop to the MPC-BE shortcut.

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 11:01 AM »
I reset all my vids from playing with VLC, to play with MPC-BE instead, and if I just left click on any vid file, it does.
But if I want to play a whole folder of short music vids, it stubbornly wants to play using VLC. If I right click on the folder and go to the drop down menu, it refuses to give me the option to always use MPC-BE instead.
The only way I have of getting it to use MPC-BE to play a whole folder of music vids, is to right click and hold on the folder, and drag it across Desktop to the MPC-BE shortcut.

I found my original .exe download of MPC-BE, and reinstalled it, and this gave me the option to 'associate' all video files with it. Now, when I right click on a folder of vids, the drop down menu gives me both choices; VLC and MPC-BE. :)