topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Kirby Alarm 2.11, causes Opera to Freeze and others ?  (Read 2376 times)

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Kirby Alarm 2.11, causes Opera to Freeze and others ?
« on: January 12, 2019, 01:26 PM »
I have Installed Kirby Alarm v2.11 ( Windows 7 ) ...Ive been using it for years ok, but recently, by a process of elimination in 'Start Up' ( msconfig ) It seems Kirby is causing Opera, and Videopad both to open normally a few times, then they BOTH Freeze ( Force shutdown box appears ) ..
I really want this Kirby 2.11 as it has all my stored Reminders ... any help what i can do from here ??? i dont want to use another reminder company, as ive used Kirby for a long time !! :-*

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Kirby Alarm 2.11, causes Opera to Freeze and others ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:45 PM »
I have Installed Kirby Alarm v2.11

I can't help with the original question, but, you appear to be using the last free version (Web site checked 2019-01-14):
Kirby Alarm & Task Scheduler

Kirby Alarm Pro (v4.45)
File Size: approx 6.5 MB | Date: April 13, 2008, 9:49 pm
Kirby Alarm Pro Lite and Kirby Alarm Pro are the same program, but with some of the more advanced features disabled.

Kirby Alarm v2.11 (Old free version)
File Size: approx 2.47mb | Date: February 10, 2015, 6:52 pm
Old free version of Kirby Alarm v2.11 originally released in 2004.

I don't know why the file is dated 2015 if it's for a 2004 program.  But... maybe a program that old doesn't play nicely with late-model Windows?  The current Pro version - now 11 years old itself - works fine on Vista Home Premium, but I haven't tried it on anything later.  Maybe time to consider registering, or an alternative program?