Software for create folders from an eligible list of folders
I refer explicitely to select one, two or more folders from a list selecting with the keys shift or control .
In web is usual to find scripts for create folders from a txt file, a csv file or an excel file. May be others too. (an ini file by example).
I have found some interesting software for similar purposes. One of them from Skwire . A program that works wonderfully under windows 8.1 at the present time. Text 2 Folders
Create folders based on a simple text file.
The main window shows the possibility to select a txt file from the pc or a configurable list .
This program don't show a list of eligible folder names. Yo have to select the list simply.
Another interesting program to create folders is XMD
XMD - eXtended Make Directory. (1.0.2)
A multipurpose tool for making directories.
XMD is a multi purpose tool for make directories in different ways: It allow
create several directories (or subdirectories) in one operation, directories
with names stored in a text file or from clipboard, sequential directories, also
is possible to use predefined variables (for time and misc.) and many many more.
· Allow us create multiple directories in one step. (separates by pipeline | ). i.e: test1|test2
· Allow us create directories with multiple levels deep. i.e: c:\test1\sub1\sub2.
· Allow create directories with absolute paths, relative paths and UNC paths.
· Allow the use of pseudo-variables (Time, Clipboard, misc.)
· New directories created, can be opened automatically in a new window from Explorer.
· List of (20) last created directories (folders).
· Custom templates can be defined.
· Custom suggested name by default for make new directories.
· Allow us to make directories from names in ClipBoard.
· Tool for make sequential directories (batch mode).
· Tool for load names from a text file.
· Command line parameters.
· Shell integration for files and folders.
· Portable (except for shell integration). USB sticks.
· Easy integration with the file manager Total Commander.
This program is downloable at the present time from a distributor
. The programmer seems an abandoned web (José Manuel Breto) breto.net
I have tested the program under windows 8.1 and goes well.
But don't have an eligible list with multiple possible selection with the keys shift and control.
The rest of the software examined is easily founded in web by create folder from a txt file, csv file and so on....
I hope someone can find a functional and free version of creating folders from an eligible list.