topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Giving up on "The Bat" email client. Who needs my unused key?  (Read 4048 times)

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I won a key to "The Bat" professional in the fundraiser drawing last month. However after using the 30 days of free trial I've decided I just don't get along with it and I'm going back to Claws Mail.

I'd be happy to forward the key that I was given to another DCer (but do try the trial first to make sure it's for you!)

Eric

highend01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Giving up on "The Bat" email client. Who needs my unused key?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 11:26 PM »
I'm currently migrating from PostBox to The Bat so I would be glad to get that key...

Regards,
highend

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 05:55 AM »
I'm currently migrating from PostBox to The Bat so I would be glad to get that key...

Regards,
highend

Great, sending you a PM.

highend01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Got it. Thanks a lot, ayryq!

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I just gave up on Eudora, but only because I could not get the AOL server (holding my old-time Verizon accounts) down reliably, although I might have missed some tricks.

And I had a 1 year old TheBat! v. 7, and went to it.  Overall, I actually like it, I am asking some questions on the forums.  Eudora still shines in some areas, despite being 5,000 years old, but there are definitely some spots where TheBat! shines brighter.  The chief deficiencies are that the "look" is not as nice, there are some places where Eudora has drag-and-drop and TheBat! does not, and the Eudora structure is more integrated when you have multi-mailboxes that really act as one. However, overall, I have been reasonably happy with the move, after about 15+ years of Eudora.

An example of TheBat! superiority is the virtual mailboxes., also some helpful message columns not in Eudora, and a flexible user-defined tab view of the messages, and all sorts of stuff.

I still like the Eudora filters a bit over TheBat!, but TheBat! is definitely usable, unlike the last time I looked at Thunderbird.

TheBat! opens multiple Windows-windows, Eudora worked in one.  That is more a matter of style.  Theoretically you have more power with more windows, but Eudoras simplicity and cleanness is a plus as well.

The Eudora forums are still very good, TheBat! forum has been very responsive, mostly one person doing a lot of care.

Steven
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:14 PM by Steven Avery »