topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:55 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Inverted filter ?  (Read 5080 times)

Perplexer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Inverted filter ?
« on: January 14, 2018, 02:07 PM »
I just upgraded from URLSnooper 2.41.01 to 2.42.01 and noticed that suddenly the program no longer displays the URLs that I had it configured to display.

In 2.41.01 , I had these keywords entered in the filter textbox: youtube;cnn;liveleak

When I clicked Sniff Network, only the URLs of those three website were shown, since I was only interested in those. It worked perfectly.

Now in 2.42.01 it is inverted which is stupid. Now that field accepts keywords for sites I DON'T want ? How am I supposed to do that ? If I try using the "Must Contain" textbox then it won't work either since it treats the semi-colon separator character (;) as AND instead of as OR and tries to apply all keywords to a single URL. Not to mention that the Help pages seem hopelessly outdated and useless and still list the separator as | and not ;

So basically there is no way anymore for me to set 3 (or 5 or 7 ...) keywords to show only 3 (or 5 or 7) sites I am interested in. You should have just renamed the caption above the textfields to say "Inclusion Filter (show matching urls)". Instead you made the program useless.

Very disappointing.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:35 PM by Perplexer »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Inverted filter ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:25 AM »
Let me add an option so you can treat the Must Contain field as an "OR" instead of "AND", and I think that will solve your problem, yes?