topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Black Hole Organizer updated to v.4.00  (Read 5743 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Black Hole Organizer updated to v.4.00
« on: January 17, 2017, 05:27 PM »
I had assumed this one had been abandoned, but here is a sign of intended progress;

Black Hole Organizer Version History Version History:

3.30 - 2/21/2012
Initial release of product.

4.00 - 1/4/2017
Version upgrade. Fixed/Corrected many internal issues, updated interface. Prepared internal structure for further updates.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Black Hole Organizer updated to v.4.00
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:14 AM »
Price: $24.95
http://www.starresoft.com/bho.htm
our software products come with Support, along with all Upgrades/Updates for (3) three months
-Black Hole Organizer
click thumb to enlarge:

BlackHoleOrg.gifBlack Hole Organizer updated to v.4.00

Product Information and Features

Black Hole Organizer is a free-form, web enabled information manager application for storing and managing all of your notes, snippets, tasks and documents.

Tired of losing your important notes? Have a task to complete? Reminder programs too complicated to use? Download Black Hole Organizer now!

All too often you sit down to draft a letter or jot down some quick notes and you lose them somewhere on that thing we call a desk, otherwise known as a Black Hole. Now you can organize that Black Hole with Black Hole Organizer! You can store all of your notes and documents in one convenient place and retrieve them as needed. Simply put, it's the best organizer software application available!

With Black Hole Organizer's text editor you can create beautiful documents that you can either print or email. Below we touch on just a few of the features that you will find inside Black Hole Organizer. Be sure to download the fully functional 30 day free trial and give it a work out and see for yourself how it can save you time!

If you are tired of looking through all of the PIM software offerings out there, you can stop. Black Hole Organizer is the best organizer software product going and can handle all of your notes. Quick sorting and search features allow you to easily work with all your documents. Black Hole Organizer has won many awards, including the SIAF People's Choice award. There are many notes, PIM and organizer software programs out there, but Black Hole Organizer is the only one you need. Order your copy today!

The cost for this software is only US$24.95. This gives you full use of the program. It is a one time fee and gives you email Support via our Help Desk, along with all updates and upgrades for a period of three (3) months. The period begins on the original purchase date.

The Fully Functional Try-Before-You-Buy Trial is good for 30 days.
-starresoft

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Good price but 3 months is interesting, and based on recent history probably means zero updates/upgrades.

FWIW I have mostly moved on in PIM terms, still get the itch sometimes of course, and use my "own" solution of a locally installed WordPress that gives me most of PIM needs...search, rich text, links to related 'notes', images, links, bookmarks, etc.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23 AM »
3 months is pretty insane.  Unless it has very frequent updates, which would beg a different question.

Wordpress?  Wow... that's pretty crazy.  Currently, I'm using Ema Personal Wiki with Texthaven.  Still using Evernote, but not as much as I did before I found this combo.  It also allows me to use other things for editing.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:38 AM »
Remember reading about Ema Personal Wiki a while back  :up:

My thing also lets me become more familiar with WP, because I play around with the code often. The only missing piece would be having the info directly on a mobile device but exporting WP posts (functioning as notes) to ics is possible.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 12:48 PM »
Remember reading about Ema Personal Wiki a while back  :up:

My thing also lets me become more familiar with WP, because I play around with the code often. The only missing piece would be having the info directly on a mobile device but exporting WP posts (functioning as notes) to ics is possible.

The more familiar I become with Wordpress, the less I want to be familiar with it LOL

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 03:33 PM »
3 months is pretty insane.  Unless it has very frequent updates, which would beg a different question.
Upgrade price is $14.95, but note their version history, given above - it's evidently been five years since the "initial release."  That presumably means the initial release from Starre Software, because they bought it from the original developer, Lincoln Beach Software, and straightaway wanted a new registration fee for no change.  Whatever they've done to make it move forward, there don't seem to be any new features to encourage one to upgrade.  I agree the "3 months" is bad, and they aren't consistent about it.  I asked why didn't my license key work?  Here's part of their reply:

Your original registration information will not work with version 4, since they are for version 3.

Here is an explanation of why the codes do not work, along with the available options for you.

All of our software comes with a full year of support and free upgrades/updates.

You originally purchased the software well over a year ago.

As you might have noticed, we have upgraded our software to include many new features
and functions since your original purchase date. 

A full year?  New features and functions?  Looks like a canned reply, but they could at least be consistent about the time period.

I think BHO was one of the first reasonably well-known organizers, and is still one of the few three-pane ones.  But the field has moved on, and I'm not disposed to upgrade.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:40 PM by rjbull, Reason: added upgrade price »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 03:46 AM »
our software products come with Support, along with all Upgrades/Updates for (3) three months
-Black Hole Organizer
-starresoft

but now it's officially at last:

* Free upgrades/updates for a period of (12) months from date of purchase.
-BHO version 4

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 08:00 AM »
I have never noticed this before.
-ZSchriefer1 (May 20, 2017, 02:48 AM)

-probably because the rest of their line of programs is all about specialized addons for an office printer. "We" usually don't move in the same circle as they do: "Our offices are closed for all U.S. Government recognized Holidays"

But welcome to DC, ZSchriefer1  :up:

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 10:33 PM »
I think BHO was one of the first reasonably well-known organizers, and is still one of the few three-pane ones.  But the field has moved on, and I'm not disposed to upgrade

Yes, and that's largely why BHO falls into my category of PIM Also-rans.
The omens don't seem to look so good for it to be catching up with the field after all that time spent languishing in the backwaters with apparently little or no development in the meantime.