topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wise Care 365 Pro [softpedia giveaway]  (Read 3596 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wise Care 365 Pro [softpedia giveaway]
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:59 AM »
Wise Care 365 Pro is available for download as a Softpedia Giveaway

There is no time limit on the license but there are no free upgrades either.

The main feature I use is the Registry Cleaner.  To be honest I am not sure which features are in the Pro that are not in the Free version.  Free is likely fine for most people.  But it can be kind of fun to get the Pro of any software if it is on giveaway.  :)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:22 AM by MilesAhead »

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wise Care 365 Pro [softpedia giveaway]
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15 AM »
Just installed the Giveaway version.  Thanks for the tip.  Do you favor the registry cleaner because it's less likely to do damage like CCleaner's?
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wise Care 365 Pro [softpedia giveaway]
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 01:07 PM »
Just installed the Giveaway version.  Thanks for the tip.  Do you favor the registry cleaner because it's less likely to do damage like CCleaner's?
-Midnight Rambler (March 28, 2017, 10:15 AM)

I more or less took a shot with the Registry Cleaner because I had Tweaking.com Registry Backups.  They use the VSS service to back up all the hives even though Windows is running.  So I thought I could try it without taking too much of a chance.  Turns out on reading the Tweaking restore instructions I have to go into Safe Mode, and I don't think this open box Laptop will do that anymore.  But the Wise Registry Cleaner itself automatically makes a backup so I wasn't totally without a parachute.

I figure it must do a pretty good job of finding dead references because it always seems to find at least 160 things it wants to fix in the registry.  Glary Utilities, which I also have, is a Registry Repair.  Typically a scan will find zero or one errors.

But from memory I would guess the Wise cleaner is on a par with the CCleaner Registry module.  One of these days I have to try to figure out why this beast does not want to boot into safe mode.  Edit: No biggie.  Turns out I just had to hold down F8 on the built-in keyboard.  The F8 on the USB keyboard doesn't work right at the start of the boot.  One problem solved.  :)

Or just byte the bullet and toss it.  I should get a lightweight detachable keyboard touch screen type PC with Windows 10 on it to tide me over until I have a desk to put a desktop on again.  :)

Also I do have to admit I like the display.  The categories it cleans are in a nice table so you have a clear idea what kind of stuff it wants to cut out.  But for those who enjoy getting freeware that does the job well I think I would recommend the Wise Disk Cleaner Portable and Wise Registry Cleaner Portable programs.  They should be fine for running from a thumb drive and they are updated as frequently as the Pro version afaict from casual observation.

Sorry for the long-winded response.  I am just sort of thinking out loud.  :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:50 PM by MilesAhead »