topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Keep Getting Popup Nag Screen on Process Tamer  (Read 7521 times)

galleherjazz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Keep Getting Popup Nag Screen on Process Tamer
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:43 PM »
I keep getting a popup from my system tray that says "Increasing Process Priority" and under it "IMFCore.exe." This process is associated with IOBit Malware Fighter, and I have posted on the IOBit forum my concern with this nagging process. But I have closed the program and I DO NOT SEE IMFCore.exe listed in the list of processes in Process Tamer. What is going on? I cannot find this process in my list of processes on my Windows 7. What is going on? What does the message even mean?Increasing Process Priority nag screen.jpgKeep Getting Popup Nag Screen on Process Tamer

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Keep Getting Popup Nag Screen on Process Tamer
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:40 AM »
Sorry for the delayed reply.
What it could mean is that that program is being launched, exiting, and re-launching, over and over again.  Each time with Process Tamer reducing its priority when it starts to use too much CPU and then putting it back to normal -- or else following any explicit rule you may have set about it.

The "solution" to the nag messages is to tell process tamer to ignore IMFCore.exe.

galleherjazz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Keep Getting Popup Nag Screen on Process Tamer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 11:12 PM »
I appreciate this good advice. I will try doing what you suggest when I next launch the offending program, IObit Malware Fighter.