topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Unjust Desserts  (Read 5785 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Unjust Desserts
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:17 AM »
MS CEO gets big bonus

And after over a year searching with Bing I still cannot achieve my laudable goal of a free coffee at Starbucks!

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Unjust Desserts
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 07:58 AM »
And after over a year searching with Bing I still cannot achieve my laudable goal of a free coffee at Starbucks!

Didn't take long with Google to find the free coffee: http://www.usatoday....o-get-them/90727136/

It was 5 days ago. Looks like you just missed it.  :(

And while Starbucks did participate, they weren't one of the places giving away freebies to customers (just free coffee trees to needy farmers). Krispy Kreme was giving away free coffee and donuts, though.

homer-simpson-donut-wallpaper-simpsons-1846914096[1].jpg

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:19 AM »
^^^  Yeah but what I want is some guy who can explain string theory in 25 words or less to take a stab at figuring out how many eons I have to search with Bing to get a Cafe con leche free.  I suspect I will be dead for 15 years by that time.  With my luck they will burn the milk too.  :)

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:08 AM »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 11:07 AM »
Sounds like you aren't using the right keywords.

Oh, I see.  There is a misunderstanding because Bing is a search engine.  What I was referring to is a promotion by Microsoft to use Bing for searches.  Just for giggles I signed up and used Bing off and on.  I keep getting these promotional emails with all these pictures and mumbo jumbo.  One of the promotions had a bunch of prizes and you were supposed to pick your goal.  I figured I would select something very mundane and attainable.  Just to see what would happen.  I picked a free coffee at Starbucks.  That was several months ago.  I have been unable to ascertain from any of the subsequent communications if I am close to or light years away from this magnificent reward.

I don't link a lawyer could decipher this stuff.  It is all marketing hype-speak.  Lots of pictures and no information.  I just assume that I will never get my coffee.  I would rather pay $10 for a coffee than do all the work needed to figure out if there is any real information in any of this stuff I get from them.  I think a lot of other people do the same.  It is probably psychologically engineered to get people to set Bing as default search engine, then give up in disgust when they receive all the ads.  But I am sure a certain percentage don't bother to set the engine back to Google.  That's how they getcha'!!   :)

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 03:08 PM »
Ahhh, I see. Much easier to find free coffee with a search engine, any search engine, than to earn one with a specific search engine.  ;)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 09:33 AM »
Ahhh, I see. Much easier to find free coffee with a search engine, any search engine, than to earn one with a specific search engine.  ;)

The promotion they got me with in the past was the introduction of the American Express Delta Sky Miles Card.  Having nearly zero experience with airlines I naively assumed that the 5,000 Sky Miles they gave for taking the card meant you could travel 5,000 miles for free.  I am sure that was the intended inference.  But later I found out all it got you was the option to move up to First Class on one flight.  A mile by any other name dost not travel just as far apparently.  :)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 11:37 PM »
A mile by any other name dost not travel just as far apparently.
With my upgrade l received better food, so I had a slice of pie in the sky.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 12:24 PM »
A mile by any other name dost not travel just as far apparently.
With my upgrade l received better food, so I had a slice of pie in the sky.

-cranioscopical (October 08, 2016, 11:37 PM)

Hmm, some people in Miami think I am rotten to the core.  But I try not to be thin skinned about it.  They are likely green with envy since I am so handsome and polished.   :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 07:50 AM »
Yay!!  I still do not know how many points I have/had but I got a bonus of 200 from MS.  This prompted me to follow the arrows to the shopping area.  Apparently my total was enough for a $5 gift card at Starbucks.  I have the bar code.  If I manage to get actual hard copy coffee with it I'll post!  heh heh heh