topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: I need a portable B&W printer for a college student who has a Chromebook  (Read 2381 times)

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm looking for a black and white printer for a daughter. She's a college student with a chromebook. I want either direct usb connection or bluetooth, the simpler the better. So she can just connect, print her college papers, and be done. Needs to be something she can carry in the back seat of her car.

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
If you want to be able to directly print from a Chromebook, you will need a printer that is Google Cloud enabled (as Chromebooks don't come with drivers for printers and it's not possible to install drivers on them). Chromebooks do not support printing from local printers via USB port.

Otherwise you will need to use Google Cloud Print on a printer that needs to be on and connected to a PC (Mac, Linux etc.) that is on and which is connected to the internet (all of which is a bit of a pain and sometimes producing funny results in terms of the margins of the printed page and so on).