topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: help with hotkey to undo accidental mouse touch and return to farr cmd line  (Read 3304 times)

ottenm

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Got most of it crammed into the subject there.  I have a new laptop and somewhat regularly I bring up farr and start typing only to find that I accidentally touched the mouse pad.  So the focus has left the farr command entry area and may be in another app, or on the desktop, or even still in farr but down on one of the items in the result list.

Any ideas for coding a hotkey to take me back to the farr focus?  Could be in farr, but I'm also lightly versed in ahk.  Current workaround is to re-hit the hotkey I use to launch farr, but depending on where the focus is, sometimes one re-click does it, sometimes 2, and occasionally 3.  I'm not tied to preserving anything I might have already entered successfully (ok to kill off the farr session and start over, or to leave it as is and just get me back).

Thanks for any suggests!  Sorry to be burning people's time with my fat thumb pads. ;)

AStroP

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Have you tried "Options > Settings > Windows Options > Force FARR window on top"?
Of course it's not a real solution for your problem but maybe it can improve your situation. It does not prevent accidentally setting the focus on another window but at least a single keypress should be enough to re-focus farr again ..... I think...